Monday, March 26, 2012

chili's copycat salsa

CHILI'S COPYCAT SALSA
image & recipe via Deals To Meals

Just made this last night and the Hubby has already requested some more before we leave for Spring Break! This salsa is delicious and super easy to make! And the way we go through salsa, this should save us some money as well. These go perfect with Tostitos flavored tortilla chips {my latest addiction}!

2 cans whole tomatoes, drained
1 small can diced or whole jalapenos (not pickled)--about 4-5 jalapenos (or less if you don't like a lot of spice)
1/4 c. yellow onion, cut into quarters
1 t. garlic salt
1/2-1 t. salt
1 t. cumin
1/2 t. sugar
1 t. lime juice
Cilantro (as garnish)

Place all of the ingredients together into a food processor or blender and puree until smooth. Serve with tortilla chips.

{Note: I didn't understand why you would drain the tomatoes, but if you don't it is a bit too runny. Also, I used a blender and I think I pureed it a bit too long...I would definitely just give it a few seconds to keep some of that chunkiness. Delicious regardless though!}

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails