Friday, June 5, 2009

CHIPOTLE CHICKEN TORTILLA SOUP

I've mentioned my love of food and cooking, so from time to time I will post about recipes I have made and love. I'm a serious recipe-pusher so get ready for the onslaught. The only thing I would change is to use shredded chicken versus bite-size pieces.

CHIPOTLE CHICKEN TORTILLA SOUP
1 T canola oil
¼ c onion, chopped
1 lb chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
1 ½ t minced garlic
1 t chipotle chile powder
2 t ground cumin
1 c water
¼ t salt
1 14 ounce low-sodium chicken broth
1 14.5 ounce can whole or stewed tomatoes, undrained
1 c crushed tortilla chips
¼ c chopped fresh cilantro
1 lime, cut into 4 wedges

Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and chicken breasts, sauté 2 minutes. Add garlic, sauté another minute. Add chile powder and cumin, stir well. Add water, salt, broth, and tomatoes and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes. Top with tortilla chips and cilantro, and serve with lime wedges.
Serves 4.

{Published in: Gluten-Free Healthy Meals Main Dishes Soups on May 20, 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails