Saturday, July 16, 2011

BACK ON THE BAKING BANDWAGON

Since we moved to the mountains, I have been a bit gun shy about baking (no baking required here though!). The elevation can really wreak havoc with my recipes...BUT, I have found that with most recipes I really haven't had to change anything. So, I'm gonna keep on bakin'! 

And everyone adores No-Bake Cookies right?!? I didn't have a recipe that I really loved...until now! These are perfection. I hate to admit it, but I pretty much polished these babies off all by myself! 
NO-BAKE COOKIES
photo & recipe (adapted) via Lick the Bowl Good

2 cups sugar
1 stick unsalted butter
3 Tbsp. cocoa powder
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup Jif creamy peanut butter
1 tsp. vanilla extract
3 cups quick-cooking oatmeal

Mix the sugar, butter, cocoa, and milk in a medium saucepan. Boil for 1 minute.


Add the peanut butter and vanilla. Mix quickly until peanut butter melts, then add the oatmeal and mix until well blended.

Drop by spoonfuls onto foil, wax paper or parchment. Allow to set and cool completely. Makes 2 dozen 3-inch cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails