Wednesday, June 23, 2010

GRILLED CHIPOTLE CHICKEN

LOVE the smell of barbeque lingering in the air when I take my evening walks with the kiddos. That got me thinking about my favorite smells and (not) surprisingly my top 3 smells all have to do with food...the smell of freshly baked bread, summer barbeques, and the unbelievable smell that envelops my senses when I walk into Calabash Creamery (a favorite ice cream shop in Calabash, NC--to die for!).

So with barbeque on my mind, we decided to try a new recipe last night. Throw in some corn on the cob (Drew's new veggie love) and this meal is definitely one of my new favorites! We all gobbled this meal up!

GRILLED CHIPOTLE CHICKEN
photo & recipe via Life's Ambrosia

6 chicken drumsticks
1 (7 ounce) can chipotle peppers in adobo
2 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon vinegar
1 garlic clove
Juice of 1 lime
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more for seasoning chicken

Rinse and pat dry the chicken. Combine chipotle peppers, honey, vinegar, garlic, lime and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a food processor. Process until it becomes a paste.

Place chicken in a glass dish, lightly season with salt. Transfer 1/4 cup of the marinade to a bowl and set aside. Spread remaining marinade over chicken and turn to coat completely. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.

When ready to cook. Heat grill over medium heat. Grill chicken until browned on all sides, turning once and brushing with reserved marinade. Cooking time is about 25 – 30 minutes depending on the size of the chicken legs. Chicken is done when it is punctured and juices run clear.

Transfer to a serving platter and serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails